Global Online Certification Course on
Supply Chain & Demand Analytics 2022
In collaboration with world-renowed scientist Prof. David Simchi Levi (Director of Data Science Lab, MIT) and NITIE’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (under PM Gati Shakti Scheme)
Exclusively for Industry Professionals and Corporate Groups
Schedule: 14th May ’22 – 5th June ’22 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM (IST) | Saturday & Sunday)
Click here for course supplementary material
Registration deadline: 13th May, 2022, 5 PM (IST)
Click here for FAQs
Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. MANOJ K TIWARI
Director, NITIE Mumbai
About the Course
Demand analytics is at the core of supply chain operations that helps in delivering products and services efficiently and effectively. Using data analytics, enterprises can leverage multiple demand data to gain critical insight and future prospects. The ability to use data effectively to drive rapid, precise, and profitable decisions has been a critical strategic advantage for companies as diverse as Walmart, Google, Nike, Capital One, and Disney.
NITIE is proud to present yet another Global Online Certification Course on ‘Supply Chain & Demand Analytics’ in association with Prof. David Simchi Levi (MIT, USA) under the leadership of Prof. Manoj Tiwari (Director, NITIE) to accelerate the vision of PM Gati Shakti. This course is launched under NITIE's Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management which aims to develop India's logistics sector through applied research and industry outreach to tackle real-time business scenarios.
This course introduces Professor Simchi-Levi of MIT unique framework that combines the three technology trends, Digitization, Analytics and Automation to reinvent the supply chain. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of (i) applications of these trends to improve efficiency, profitability and growth; (ii) the required processes to improve supply chain visibility, flexibility and resiliency; and (iii) the appropriate organization and talent change.
- Supply Chain Trends
- Supply Chain Competency
- Machine Learning-based technology
- Digital Supply Chain transformation
- Supply Chain Resiliency and the impact of COVID-19, US-China trade war and the Ukraine war on Supply Chains
- Identify opportunities for creating supply chain value using digitization, analytics, and automation
- Prioritize the opportunities provided by the technology trends: digitization, analytics, and automation
- Drive automation through network and production optimization
- Increase sales by improving forecast accuracy
- Apply data analytics to improve new product introduction
- Organizational structure and change management
- This course is designed exclusively for industry Professionals and Corporate groups with a keen interest in SCM and Digitization.
- Participants will get the opportunity to interact live with Prof. David Simchi Levi.
- Gain 1 year of exclusive digital access for course participants to the 4th and the latest edition of the reference book, ‘’Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies, and Case Studies by Prof. David Simchi-Levi” which will aid the learning during lectures.
- Learn key concepts & trends through exhaustive cases & recent happenings in the industry.
- Lecture Recording will be shared for the Course Duration.
- 14th May ’22 – 5th June ’22
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST || Saturday - Sunday
- 20 Hours Course || 8 Sessions (2.5 Hours/Session)
- Mode of Instruction - Via Online Platforms
- Upon completion of the course, all registered participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from NITIE signed jointly by Prof. David Simchi Levi and Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari
- Lecture Attendance and Course Participation will be the criteria for Course Completion
- Lecture slides and supplementary material will be shared after each session
|Course Content and Lecture Schedule|
|Week1: Supply Chain Dynamics|
Topics to be covered
|Week 2: Supply Chain Integration & Push-Pull Strategies|
Topics to be covered
|Week 3: Supply Chain Digitization, Resiliency and Flexibility|
Topics to be covered
|Week 4: Demand Analytics|
Topics to be covered
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), established in 1963 by the Government of India with the assistance of the United Nations Development Project (UNDP) through the International Labour Organization (ILO), is one of the leading institutes for Management education
NITIE, a pioneer in Industrial Management has been positioned 12th amongst management schools in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2021.
NITIE, widely known as the leading Institute in Supply Chain and Operations, holds a purpose in advancing the transformative education and industry-inspired research in different domains thus dedicating itself to help Indian businesses to make their presence felt globally
PM Gati Shakti Initiatives
The PM Gati Shakti - National Master Plan was announced last year with an aim to celebrate 75 years of a progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture, and achievements. The objective is to break departmental silos and will lay the foundation for holistic infrastructure development with a view to addressing the issues of multi-modal and last-mile connectivity issues pertaining to supply chain and demand management.
The Global Online Certification Course offered by NITIE on Supply Chain & Demand Analytics 2022 in association with MIT Data Science Lab is exclusively curated to provide a roadmap for the industry practitioners to understand the cardinal aspects of technology trends, Digitization, Analytics, and Automation to reinvent the supply chain.
This course aims to provide participants with a profound understanding of leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency and decision-making across the supply chain with a view to promoting the idea of the Gati Shakti Master plan.
About NITIE’s Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs & Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Government of India) inaugurated the Centre of Excellence in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at NITIE, Mumbai on 23rd September 2021.
This center will act as a driving force to train and launch top-quality programs to disseminate advanced knowledge and promote Digitisation, Analytics, and IoT Application and Decision Support Systems through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications and Digital Twin and Control towers, to strengthen the monitoring and analysis of complex logistics operations.
It will help the logistics sector become more cost-effective, make the sector more competitive, create new jobs, export more, engage better with the world markets, expand outreach and bring more economic activity to India
About Prof. DAVID SIMCHI-LEVI
MIT Professor – Business & Supply Chain Analytics
Director, Data Science Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi is the most renowned Professor and Thought Leader in the field of Supply Chain Management and also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of Management Science. He is the recipient of the prestigious INFORMS Impact Prize 2020 for his work on Supply Chain Resilience.
- His book, "Designing and Managing the Supply Chain" (with P. Kaminsky and E. Simchi-Levi) is a staple across B-schools for their Supply Chain Management courses.
- He is the founder and chairman of LogicTools which provides software solutions and professional services for supply chain optimization. The company has provided decision support systems to clients such as Caterpillar, ConAgra, Kraft Foods, Mercer Management, Ryder, SC Johnson, UPS, U.S. Postal Service, Walgreens, etc. and was acquired by IBM.
- Prof. David Simchi-Levi had associated with NITIE for the Global Online Certification Courses on Supply Chain Digitization and Management as well as Business & Operations Analytics in 2021 which were a highly successful courses with over 2500 participants from all over the world in each course
- Profile on MIT website - https://cee.mit.edu/people_individual/david-simchi-levi/
- LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-simchi-levi-3045026/
For Individual Registrations
|Category||Fee Category||Registration Fee
(incl. of all)*
|Participants from India||Domestic Industry Professionals||Rs. 20,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|NITIE Alumni||Rs. 18,000/- per participant||Registration Closed|
|Foreign Participants||Any||USD 400 per participant||Registration Closed|
<h5">For Bulk Registrations from one organization
|Number of Participants||Registration Fee (incl. of all)|
|Above 10||Rs. 16,000/- per participant|
*Please write a mail to email@example.com for more details on bulk registration.
Success of Previous Course
NITIE has successfully completed four versions of the Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management, Business and Operations Analytics (2021 & 2022), and End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization in association with Prof. David Simchi- Levi in 2021-2022.
All the courses received an overwhelming response with 7000+ individuals from reputed national and international organizations. Some prominent academic institutions include the llTs, llMs, IIFT, University of London, University of Warwick and some eminent organizations include P&G, HUL, GE, ITC, Amul, Deloitte, General Mills, IBM, Titan, Reliance, PwC, Siemens and many more.
To know more
- Global Online Certification Course on Supply Chain Digitization and Management 2021– click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2021- click here
- Global Online Certification Course on End-to-End Supply Chain Transformation through Digitization 2021- click here
- Global Online Certification Course on Business and Operations Analytics 2022- click here
- Will the session be recorded and be available after live class?
Yes, Lecture Recordings will be available for the Course Duration. Along with it, we will also be sharing lecture summary and supplementary material to aid the learning.
- What are the class timings?
14th May ’22 – 5th June ’22 (5:00 PM – 7:30 PM IST | Sat & Sun)
- What do I do, if I’m unable to attend certain classes for some reason?
In case you miss a class or two, please do not worry, we have all the session’s PPTs and supplementary material and we will be sharing it with you promptly after each lecture. You will also get 1 year of digital access to the latest edition of the reference book, ‘’Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies, and Case Studies by Prof. David Simchi-Levi” which will aid the learning during lectures.
- I am a student willing to register for the course. Is there any provision?
This course is designed exclusively for industry professionals.
- What would be the value of the Certificate? Will it generate enough value in the industry?
The certificate will be jointly signed by Prof. Manoj K. Tiwari - Director, NITIE and Prof. David Simchi-Levi. Both are stalwarts in their respective domain and the certificate is officially issued by NITIE, Mumbai.
SCDA 2022Coordinating Team
For all queries, please Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Ramesh Kumar || Research Scholar || (+91-9570841875)
- Mr. Mohd Juned || Research Scholar || (+91-9415964215)
- Dr. Anupam Keshari
- Ms. Rosalin Sahoo
- Mr. Rony Mitra
- Mr. Anshul Balamwar
- Prof. (Ms.) Ruchita Gupta
- Prof. Rakesh D Raut
- Prof. Maheswar Singha Mahapatra