PGDEx–VLFM is a one-year full-time residential executive diploma program jointly conducted by NITIE Mumbai and IIT Delhi to groom the emerging leaders for mid and senior-level Managerial positions. The products of this program shall be the change drivers, who would provide the strategic impetus over a wide range of verticals such as Operations & Supply Chain Management, Strategic Planning, Business Excellence, Digital transformation, and World-Class Manufacturing.
PGDEx – VLFM is a unique program with a rigorous curriculum to build a pool of techno-managerial leaders who can transform India's manufacturing sector. The program thrives on peer-learning pedagogy focusing on management, manufacturing technology and leadership. This program is designed to enable our participants to be adequately equipped and empowered with knowledge and skillsets to have a competitive advantage in the volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous business environment. In addition, the program creates a government-industry-academia significantly contributing to the Make in India initiative and making India truly Atmanirbhar.
About VLFM Program
The VLFM (Visionary Leaders For Manufacturing) program is designed with a philosophy of proactive approach to develop leadership and managerial skills, becoming change agents and globally competitive by leading breakthroughs. It acts as a catalyst to create cutting-edge manufacturing culture with a focus on inclusive growth.
India, its economy, and the world are facing challenges on a scale we haven't seen in nearly a century. Amidst the pandemic, the world is moving towards a new era of manufacturing renaissance. The nation is eying to become a global leader by increasing the manufacturing sector's contribution to national GDP at a growth rate of 25% by 2025, where the new generation of leaders with a vision to envisage the industry needs and zeal to propel the market will play a pivotal role.
To create a distinct set of visionary leaders with the ability to contextualize and contribute to the nation's manufacturing renaissance.
- Develop business insight, creativity, and innovation and achieve manufacturing excellence
- Inculcate managerial outlook and new age business perspectives that prepare participants for tomorrow to positively impact the changing market scenarios.
- Instill capabilities to assess manufacturing challenges and drive initiatives in a dynamic business environment.
- Nurture responsive and ethical leaders who are sensitive to the society and environment.
Scope of the Program
The Program strengthens the curriculum with theories, tools, and models of Breakthrough Management and the Five-Step Discovery process with workshop-oriented learning and Industrial visits in India & Abroad. It brings about the change in the thought process from small m to big M & provides a vision to look at the invisible through the Third Eye.
- 1300+ contact hours with a strong focus on manufacturing technology, operations, supply chain, strategy and leadership.
- 8 weeks Industry Internship - India/Global & 2 weeks of international visits and Industry Treks.
- Combination of faculty from NITIE, IIT Delhi, Confederation of Indian Industry's Gurukul, International academia and Industry leaders.
- Unique emphasis on next-generation technologies, strategies and develop systemic approaches to manufacturing leadership.
- Closely coupled with industry from day zero for growth towards senior management roles, manufacturing leadership and entrepreneurship.