10th -11th August 2018 - 2nd IEEE India Workshop on Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
7th – 11th April 2019 - International Conference of International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT 2019), Link- https://www.nitie.edu/IAMOT2019/index.html
Centre for Technology and Innovation Management
About the Centre
The Centre for Technology and Innovation Management (CTIM) at NITIE was established in 2015. Managing technologies, products, innovations and creating suitable mechanisms is critical for an organization to survive in a competitive world. CTIM bridges “Engineering” and “Management”, serves as a platform for collaborative research and development, and provides platform for practical application of new ideas. CTIM through its research attempts to address - What is desired by the users? What is viable in the market place and? What is possible with the technology? The centre focusses on 3 main objectives
- To identify future technologies
- To create a functional innovation pathway to achieve and deploy the future technologies.
- To develop strategic models to leverage such innovations for the growth of all the stakeholders concerned.
Current Activities in centre
Diffusion and Adoption of Mobile Value-Added Service Innovations in rural India (MVAS) (PI- Prof. Ruchita Gupta,Prof. Karuna Jain and RA- Mr. Durgesh Kumar Jaiswal) – This research focuses on identifying the factors influencing the adoption of mobile VAS in essential services especially in agriculture in Indian rural context.
- Project 89 Transform for Potential;
- Agriculture machine for multi seeder sowing;
- Smart Building: Making a Smart Building.
- Organized the Workshop on “Breakthrough Thinking” conducted by EREHWON Orbit shifting Innovation jointly with M2MC on 24 Feb 2018.
- Speaker- Mr. Sandeep Kapur, Senior Consultant.
- CTIM in collaboration with CSCM and INCOSE conducted the workshop on “System Engineering” on 9 Aug. 2017
MOTI (Pearls of Wisdom in Management of Technology and Innovation) the Seminar Series on
- Interaction Design for Emergent User by Prof. Anirudha Joshi.
- Competitive Intelligence for Semiconductor Industries was given by Shri. Kishore Malani, Fairchild Semiconductor
- Triz Philosophy for Innovation Management by Dr. Marina Polyakova.
- IOT Platforms, by Shri. Mangesh Patankar. IBM IOT and Cloud Technologies Evangelist and Startup Mentor.
- MIPS 2018- CTIM co-hosted Management of Intellectual Property Rights and Strategy (MIPS) 2018 conference in collaboration with MHRD IPR Chair and IIT Bombay.
- MIPS 2016- CTIM organized MIPS 2016 conference in collaboration with MHRD IPR Chair and IIT Bombay.
- Yearly Academia membership of International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Life time Institutional membership of Society for Technology Management (STEM)
- Prof. Ruchita Gupta, Centre Co-ordinator, CTIM attended the 27th International Conference of International Association for Management of Technology (IAMOT 2018 ) on 22th – 26th April 2018, at Birmingham (UK).
- Prof. Ruchita Gupta, Centre Co-ordinator, CTIM attended the BMA Digital Leadership Summit 2017 on 12th Oct, at Hotel Leela, Mumbai
- Prof. Mukundan R, Centre Core Member, CTIM attended the STEM Global summit at Hyderabad as an invited keynote speaker on software and patent.
- Prof. Mukundan R, Centre co-ordinator, CTIM represented as Expert for panel during STEM Global 2005.
- Prof. Ruchita Gupta, CTIM core member represented NITIE in STEM Global 2015.
- Prof. Mukundan R, centre co-ordinator, CTIM represented centre and NITIE in FICCI roundtable On National IP strategy 2016.
* Faculty(Photograph, Names, research area of Interest)
Prof. Karuna Jain
Strategic Technology & Innovation Management, Intellectual Property Management, R&D Management, Project Management, Value Engineering
Prof. Mukundan R
Technology, IP and Innovation Strategy, Standards, Licensing and Commons, Complex Systems Engineering, Foresight and Technology Roadmaps
Prof. Ruchita Gupta
Centre Coordinator Diffusion and Adoption, Technology Transfer and Commercialisation, Technology Forecasting, Technology Entrepreneurship
Prof. Shirish Sangle
Environmental Engineering & Management, Engineering & Technology Management
Prof. Utpal Chattopadhyay
Economic Environment of Business, Globalization & Global Competitiveness
Centre for Technology and Innovation Management (CTIM),
National Institute of Industrial engineering (NITIE),
Vihar Lake, Mumbai-400087, Maharashtra
Contact no. 02228035200