NITIE is equipped with state-of-art computing facilities to compliment classroom pedagogy. In its various laboratories NITIE has about 250 Pentium IV workstations running on Windows 2003, Windows XP Pro, Linux and SCO Unix. All hostel rooms, classrooms and offices are equipped with 24*7 Internet connectivity with a 150 Mbps leased line. Every classroom and conference room is fitted with LCD projection facilities and LAN. Lectures are typically augmented by multimedia.
The facilities include:
- WI FI enabled hostels
- LAN with multiserver using Linux, Windows NT-4.0 and Netware.
- CAD-CAM and UNIX Lab.
- 24*7 INTERNET connectivity through a 150 Mbps 1:1 shared leased line.
- Multimedia Software including QUICK TIME, DIRECTOR, ACTION, PM 6.0, MACROMEDIA FLASH 4.0, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 5.0, FRONTPAGE 2000, DREAM WEAVER and MAGIC.
- Collection of 3GL, 4GL and other development softwares like JAVA, TURBO C++, VB, VC++, VISUAL FOXPRO, POWER BUILDER, DELPHI, SYBASE, ORACLE 9i with DEVELOPER 2000 and INGRESS 6.2.
- Campuswide networking using optic fiber cables from the Computer Center through the hostels and residences and having 500 nodes connected by switches and Cat 5e cabling.
- INTRANET, a web-based student collaboration tool that helps in automating workflows and constant synchronous/asynchronous interaction in learning.
- A KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT Server, which serves as a repository of all web-based teaching tools, white papers and tutorials.
- The other specialized software packages are SPSS, SAS, STATISTICA, GPSS, LOTUS NOTES, PRISM, MS-PROJECTS, MS-OFFICE 2000, OFFICE XP, Hindi word processors, YOJANA, LAYOUT, RELATIONAL DESIGNER, TURBO ANALYST, LOTUS NOTES, FACTORY CADD, etc.
- High Resolution Scanners, Printers and CD Writers.