The oldest research centre at NITIE, Advanced Manufacturing Centre of Excellence (AMCE) has its primary objective to conduct and disseminate research in Advanced Manufacturing Systems and Processes.
About the Centre
AMCE provides the platform for the students to analyse manufacturing from four dimensions, namely:
- Flexible Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing
- Smart Manufacturing (Industry 4.0)
The following challenges are excitement for students, researchers and industry alike and AMCE through its faculty group has been working on the following challenges:
- Model job shop (Engineered to Order, Made to Order,….) setup…
- Is Additive manufacturing cost effective and efficient?
- I want to model the manufacturing strategy for its performance
- I want to do value stream mapping for effective Lean implementation
- What future technologies drive manufacturing?
- How about Industry 4.0 retrofitting in SMEs?
- Manufacturing Analytics and Intelligence – Can I use AI/ML?
Current Activities in centre
- Performance Modelling of Manufacturing Strategy
- Industry 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing Readiness Assessment
- Competitiveness of Additive Manufacturing
- Analytical modeling of Lean Manufacturing
- Hosted student exchange from Ecole Centrale de Lille as part of NITIE MOU
- Hosted Masters students from PEC Chandigarh as part of NITIE MOU
FMS - Machines and Systems
Additive Manufacturing Reverse Engineering Scanning
- CNC Train
- Witness Simulation
- Anylogic Simulation
- eVSM simulation
Projects – Completed
Some Additive Manufacturing Designs done by AMCE
Conference Presentations / Publications
Updates of latest quarter only
- Kulkarni, S., Verma, P., & Mukundan, R. Performance modelling- Literature Review and future research directions. (NITIE Working paper- WPS-IEMS-June-2018-#2)
- Mahesh Deshpande, Prashant Ambad, Sourabh Kulkarni, Harshad Sonar, Vivek Khanzode, “Quality Comparison of Additive Manufacturing and Reverse Engineering”, Papers accepted for 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRTME– 2018), WCE, Sangli.
- Ashwini Varade, Abhay Gore, Sourabh Kulkarni, Harshad Sonar, Vivek Khanzode, “Production cost comparison – Additive manufacturing and reverse engineering”, Papers accepted for 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRTME– 2018), WCE, Sangli.
- Harshad Sonar, Vivek Khanzode, Milind Akarte, “Exploring the Role of Additive Manufacturing in Industry 4.0”, Papers accepted for 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRTME– 2018), WCE, Sangli.
- Verma G, Khairnar H, Kulkarni S, Sonar H., Khanzode V, “Modelling performance of flexible manufacturing System”, Papers accepted for 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRTME– 2018), WCE, Sangli.
- Vikash Sharma, M.M. Goud, Vivek Khanzode, Sourabh Kulkarni, Harshad Sonar, “Implementation of Lean in Job-Shop (E-T-O): Case Illustration”, Papers accepted for 3rd National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering (NCRTME– 2018), WCE, Sangli.
- Case Studies
- Events Organized
- AMCE Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) setup and 3D Printing technology - CubePro 3D Printer was demonstrated to the PG students of Saraswati College of Engineering, Kharghar, Mumbai.
- Prof. Mukundan R and Prof. Vivek Khanzode, AMCE centre core faculty members participated in VDMA Industry 4.0 event at Pune, June 2018.
- Mr. Mahesh Deshpande and Ms. Ashwini Varade attended “Four days hands on training program on VERO EDGECAM by Industrial Expert” organized by IFS academy, Pune.
- Mr. Harshad Sonar, Mr. Vikash Sharma and Mr. Gaurav Verma visited Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh to study activity centers in Additive Manufacturing (AM), Subtractive Manufacturing (SM) and Rapid Tooling (RT) domain to explore collaborative research opportunities.
Prof. Akarte Milind M
Additive Manufacturing Manufacturing Strategy FMS
Prof. Balkrishna Narkhede
Industrial Engineering Manufacturing Systems World class Manufacturing
Prof. Mukundan R
Industry 4.0 Smart Manufacturing Innovation & Patents
Prof. Ravindra Gokhale
Operations Management Multivariate Analysis Supply Chain Management
Prof. Vivekanand Khanapuri
Maintenance management Project Management BPR & IT
Prof. Vivek Khanzode
Lean Manufacturing Work system Design Industrial Engineering
* RA (in alphabetical order)
Prof. Mukundan R, AMCE centre coordinator
amce[at]nitie.ac.in / mukundan[at]nitie.ac.in